Comic format slightly changed

This is the official forum for the Local Heroes online comic.

Comic format slightly changed

Postby Nobody » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:54 pm

I took the "Local Heroes" logo out of the top-left corner as of the latest strip. It was blocking valuable real estate where word balloons should be, and it was also redundant--the URL and (c) notice also mentioned the strip name.

I also started lettering in Freehand instead of Photoshop, which should make the word balloons and caption boxes look a bit better from now on.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:21 pm

The minor chages look good - And if the new freed space will allow for you to keep telling stories about this group well its a plus in my book!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Brad » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:29 am

Could you put the issue number somewhere on each strip?
Brad

Postby Nobody » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Brad wrote:Could you put the issue number somewhere on each strip?

That's not a bad idea, Brad. I'll consider working that into the strip layout sometime in the future (without also making the extra stuff on the bottom look too crowded).

In the meantime, you can tell what the current strip is by looking at the issue number in the top navigation area. Also, as you look through the archives, the "news" article that appears below each strip is named with the number of that strip. Also #2: when you hover your mouse over each strip, a little bit of text should appear next to your cursor letting you know what strip you're looking at.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:19 pm

Brad wrote:Could you put the issue number somewhere on each strip?

Issue number now in place! (Someday I should go back and update the older strips with the new numbering placement and move that top logo out of the way...)
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Brad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:48 pm

Wow! results! Um.. another thing that's been that's urking me, heh. why aren't the updates ever about anything?
Brad

Postby Nobody » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:38 am

Brad wrote:why aren't the updates ever about anything?

I'm not sure what you mean. Which updates?

Are you talking about the story/humor content of each strip? If so, I'm not really doing a joke-a-strip comic. This Local Heroes storyline will extend between 20 - 30 strips, and by the end we'll have a complete "origin story" for Squire's entrty into UNIONS.

Or are you talking about the news listings? Or something else?
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:33 pm

I'm talking about the news that comes with each strip. I'm a little more used to sites like pvp, penny arcade, and its walky where the creators use that space to talk about their personal lives, review comics or games...

Postby Nobody » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:I'm a little more used to sites like pvp, penny arcade, and its walky where the creators use that space to talk about their personal lives, review comics or games...

I guess--at least for the time being--I'm keeping my Local Heroes news related very specifically to the comic, it's site, and related do-dads.

Sometimes I post extra stuff at Nowheresville (http://www.nowheresville.org), but none of it is ever really controversial if that's what you're looking for. :]
Nobody
Site Admin

Return to Local Heroes