Good Stuff!

This is the official forum for the Local Heroes online comic.

Good Stuff!

Postby Brad » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:19 pm

Reminds me alot of Buzzboy storywise. I actually appreciate the sketches more than final inks. Your line quality is really investigative and interesting. Keep up the good work.

Brad
brad@natomic.com
Brad

Re: Good Stuff!

Postby Nobody » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:25 pm

Brad wrote:Reminds me alot of Buzzboy storywise. I actually appreciate the sketches more than final inks. Your line quality is really investigative and interesting. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm also fond of the sketches, although there may be some time in the distant future--I dunno, maybe after the whole of storyline 1 is done--when I consider inking (and re-lettering) every strip. (I think storyline 1 maybe be in the 24 - 30 strips range.) I like the crisp, clean, finished look that inking gives my cartoony art.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Brad » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:24 am

When I first saw that your strip was all done like this I thought that maybe you did colored versions on sundays or something like that.
Brad

Postby Nobody » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:23 pm

Brad wrote:When I first saw that your strip was all done like this I thought that maybe you did colored versions on sundays or something like that.

I like that idea. But I guess I would need to be less lazy and do several strips a week for a "Sunday special" to make more sense. (:}
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:35 pm

I found this strip by accident and now am totally hooked! I can't wait to see all the the characters in action! Its a great mix of classic super heroing and humor!

Keep up the great work!
cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:54 pm

Thanks, Nightlynx. Glad to have another new fan on board!
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:55 am

Glad to be aboard! Oh and I have been voting like a fiend to improve the rating of this fine strip!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:01 am

Nightlynx wrote:Oh and I have been voting like a fiend to improve the rating of this fine strip!

Sweet! I'll be in the top 20 in no time!

I was wondering, how did you (and everyone else) learn about Local Heroes? Did you see it listed on one of those comic rating sites?
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:47 am

Nobody wrote:I was wondering, how did you (and everyone else) learn about Local Heroes? Did you see it listed on one of those comic rating sites?

Yes and from there I followed the link outta sheer bordom and WHAM! I found this cool little strip that had me laughing out loud as I read it. It made me waht to know more about these characters Squire - Mr Mystery and gang - It made me wonder if the group Squire was part of was another on going strip I could find and who all the cool looking supers were!

In a few panles you did more than Marvel oe DC has done in quite some time - you got me excited about a comic. Thanks for that!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:17 pm

Nightlynx wrote:It made me wonder if the group Squire was part of was another on going strip I could find and who all the cool looking supers were!

I was a professional comic creator back in the early 90s. Most of the stuff I did was forgettable junk, but I was also able to squeeze out something all my own: two Heroes Incorporated(R) comics. I have pictures of both covers in my online portfolio.
  • Heroes Incorporated 1.1: Grenadier and Adamant spar in the foreground with Teddy (who will one day become Squire) and his grandfather in the background.
  • Heroes Incorporated 1.2: Grenadier fights Crush (in yellow), Widowmaker (in white), and Mantis (in green), while fellow Heroes Incorporated(R) members Adamant and Brainstorm appear as background silouettes.
A long term goal for that comic was to tell the story of Teddy becomming a sidekick and then superhero, but since the industry crumbled at the same time the comic came out, I had to move on to other things. Local Heroes is a way for me to get back to some of my old superhero stories and ideas.

(You might be able to find a copy of one of those Heroes Incoporated(R) comics, but I doubt it. Only six-or seven-hundred were printed, so they're pretty rare.)
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:15 pm

Hey Thanks for the background!

Ahhhh yes the 90's explosion I remember it well. I to threw my hat into the comic creator ring as a writer! I had a few things published and lookin back on it, it was alot of fun!

But I do love what you are doing with the Local Heroes. You now have an avid fan!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:20 pm

Charlie, creator of the Johnny Miser webcomic, has some nice things to say about Local Heroes:

"Local Heroes" is hilarious, well-drawn, and worth bookmarking & viewing with each new update. I have posted one of the strips above (with some character studies here), but I highly encourage you to visit the "Local Heroes" homepage!

And another convert is born! YEAH Local Heroes!

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:41 pm

Nightlynx wrote:YEAH Local Heroes!

Yay!
Nobody
Site Admin

Return to Local Heroes