Welcome to the Local Heroes forum!

This is the official forum for the Local Heroes online comic.

Welcome to the Local Heroes forum!

Postby Nobody » Fri May 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Local Heroes is an online comic about the periodic misadventures of the super-powered heroes of UNIONS Local 37. If you haven't visited the official Local Heroes site yet, the address is www.LocalHeroes.us.
Nobody
Site Admin

Nice lines!

Postby V1 » Sat May 28, 2005 6:21 pm

Just wanted to drop a line on your fantastic pencilled artwork. Although Im curious was thsi to be inked i noticed some "X" tages I took for spotting blacks in ink.
V1

Re: Nice lines!

Postby Nobody » Sun May 29, 2005 2:26 am

Thanks for the compliment! (Hey! You're Local Heroes's first fan--other than my friends and relatives!)

Yes, I'm drawing it with the consideration that eventually it will be inked (although I have no specific plans at this time to do any future or retroactive inking).

A few years back, I helped create <a href="http://swg.stratics.com/content/feature/agahw/agahw001.shtml">A Girl and Her Wookiee</a> over at SWG Stratics. You might notice that AGAHW is an earlier, inked version of the same art style I use for Local Heroes.

Also, I have an online portfolio at www.hurm.com/studio/ if you'd care to browse some other artwork I've done.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Nightlynx » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:35 pm

Nobody wrote:Thanks for the compliment! (Hey! You're Local Heroes's first fan--other than my friends and relatives!)

Yes, I'm drawing it with the consideration that eventually it will be inked (although I have no specific plans at this time to do any future or retroactive inking).

A few years back, I helped create <a href="http://swg.stratics.com/content/feature/agahw/agahw001.shtml">A Girl and Her Wookiee</a> over at SWG Stratics. You might notice that AGAHW is an earlier, inked version of the same art style I use for Local Heroes.

Also, I have an online portfolio at www.hurm.com/studio/ if you'd care to browse some other artwork I've done.

Ok I just got thru reading all of the "A Girl and Her Wookiee" I could get my hands on and laugh so hard I am pretty sure I broke something inside - I am hoping that it wasn't anything vital :wink:

I'm not an out and out Star Wars fanatic or anything but I figured I love Local Heroes - why not try out AGAHW - Two thumbs up guy!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:37 am

Nightlynx wrote:I'm not an out and out Star Wars fanatic or anything but I figured I love Local Heroes - why not try out AGAHW - Two thumbs up guy!

Thanks! Bastion wrote nearly all of them. He had a good feeling for the characters and strip-setting right from the start. This may have been because Lorla and Tonkah were based on our characters of the same names from our Star Wars RPG campaign (the West End Games version). Right from the start it seemed absurd to pair up a too-young Jedi wanna-be with a brute that couldn't communicate with any surrounding characters--it translated very nicely to comic strip format. I'm grateful for Stratics in giving us the opportunity they did in hosting the strip.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Bastion » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:51 am

Nightlynx wrote:Ok I just got thru reading all of the "A Girl and Her Wookiee" I could get my hands on and laugh so hard I am pretty sure I broke something inside - I am hoping that it wasn't anything vital :wink:

I'm not an out and out Star Wars fanatic or anything but I figured I love Local Heroes - why not try out AGAHW - Two thumbs up guy!

Hey Nightlynx,

I'd be curious to know which AGAHW's were your favorite. Glad you liked them.
Bastion
Regular

Postby Nightlynx » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:42 pm

Bastion wrote:
Hey Nightlynx,

I'd be curious to know which AGAHW's were your favorite. Glad you liked them.

Hey Bastion -
well what really sold me was the whole shopping trip with Tonkah - I have a niece who drags me around on mall trips and let me tell you I have felt like that poor Wookie more times than I can count :D

Another nice bit was Tonkah and Symon "bonding" with the stormtroopers 8) Stormtroopers are alot like the french - no body likes them :wink:

cheers
nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:48 pm

The new character portraits ROCK! And they are in color too! Sweet! Even HOFFA got one (love the little laptop)

Great job on them all!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Nobody » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:55 am

Nightlynx wrote:The new character portraits ROCK! And they are in color too! Sweet! Even HOFFA got one (love the little laptop)

Great job on them all!

Thanks! Bastion's fan art inspired me to get off my butt and put them in. Can't have the fans imagining the heroes in the wrong colors!

Yep, Hoffa got one, too. He's more of a ubiquitous presence throughout UNIONS than an actual containable entity, but a laptop with bluetooth is just the thing to help him get out and about beyond his daily mainframes.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Bastion » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:17 am

Nobody wrote:Thanks! Bastion's fan art inspired me to get off my butt and put them in.

Wait until you my Squire and Mystery Man...
Bastion
Regular

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:42 pm

Bastion wrote:
Nobody wrote:Thanks! Bastion's fan art inspired me to get off my butt and put them in.

Wait until you my Squire and Mystery Man...

Cool deal!
If I had a scanner I would so be on the fan art band-wagon! But I look forward to seeing more of your stuff Bastion!

cheers
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Regular

Postby Bravo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:41 pm

Greetings Forum -

Well a good buddy of mine pointed me in this general direction and now I am totally hooked on Local Heroes! I can't wait to keep reading this stuff rocks! Keep that comic goodness coming!
Bravo

FELINE FURY:
What's the point of having a name and a costume if you don't have an action figure?
Bravo
Newcomer

Postby Nobody » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Bravo wrote:Well a good buddy of mine pointed me in this general direction and now I am totally hooked on Local Heroes! I can't wait to keep reading this stuff rocks! Keep that comic goodness coming!

Welcome aboard, Bravo! I'm sorry I took so long to reply to your post. But now that you've shaken off their cobwebs, I'll make the effort to check back more often!

Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the strip!

Local Heroes at http://www.localheroes.us

Follow the periodic misadventures of the super-powered heroes of UNIONS Local 37.

Playtime Projects at http://www.playtimeprojects.com

A dysfunctional children's show, its cast, and their shenanigans.
Nobody
Site Admin

Postby Bravo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Enjoying it - DUDE I love this strip! And I so had that Agent pegged as the Silent Knight from his build;-) I can't wait to see more of the Local Heroes team humm Is Squire really "back in time" or is this one of those groovy else-Earth capers?
Bravo

FELINE FURY:
What's the point of having a name and a costume if you don't have an action figure?
Bravo
Newcomer

Postby Nobody » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Bravo wrote:Is Squire really "back in time" or is this one of those groovy else-Earth capers?

As far as Squire can tell at this point, he is back in time (in the "Silver Age of Heroes")

Local Heroes at http://www.localheroes.us

Follow the periodic misadventures of the super-powered heroes of UNIONS Local 37.

Playtime Projects at http://www.playtimeprojects.com

A dysfunctional children's show, its cast, and their shenanigans.
Nobody
Site Admin

Next

Return to Local Heroes